Welcome to the Olde Malthouse Inn.
We are delighted to welcome you to our 14th century Inn for cream teas, coffee & cake, lunches and evening meals.
We also offer delightful Bed & Breakfast in 7 charming en-suite rooms, with bare floors, stone walls and the occasional ghostly visitor. For the best room rates (and to avoid fees) please click here to book online (opens in a new window).
The Malthouse Inn is a 14th century tavern . We offer an old country pub atmosphere, local ales, fresh lunches, fine dining and traditional home baking.
We are located in the heart of Tintagel, only a brief walk away from the famous Arthurian castle and a short drive from Port Isaac, Boscastle, Padstow and Rock.
Our Covid-19 strategy
We take our responsibilities to our staff and customers extremely seriously and are taking the best precautions we can to protect against C19. We hope that you will help us make this work by bearing with us as we learn and improve.
Information will be continuously updated.
Bar and terrace
- We have removed tables from the front seating area to reduce crowding and increase social distancing
- We have instituted a one way policy for customers and guests
- We have removed furniture from the bar area to reduce the risk of crowding and offer takeaway packaging for food and beverage items
- We will provide hand sanitiser and queuing guides and signage at entry and exit points
- Physical shielding will be in place at the bar
- we have reduced table density in the restaurant to allow for social distancing
- we will remove any table dressing and bring all silverware, glasses and crockery out to you when we take your order
- we will remove any
- We will place hand sanitisers in all guest rooms
- We will suspend daily room service. If you would like a room service, please ask to arrange one.
- Please leave wet towels (considerately!) by your door each morning and they will be replaced in your room
- We will not supply toiletries for obvious hygiene reasons (and we do not support providign single use plastic items). However, if you need supplies do please ask us
- A thorough and deep clean will be carried out prior to your arrival
- We will be cleaning more frequently especially in high traffic areas and touch points, (reception areas, hallways, staircases, door handles, etc).
- We will not enter your bedroom for the duration of your stay unless necessary.
- After check-out, all linen etc., will be changed. We will remove soft furnishings, blankets and cushions from the rooms to reduce risk.
- All staff are given face shields, gloves and masks and will are trained in best practice for personal hygiene
- We closely monitor our personal health and friends and family. staff are asked to self-isolate at the first sign of any illness.
- all staff coming to work will clean and sanitise on arrival and regularly during shift
- physical shielding will be in place at the bar